Buying a riser recliner chair is an investment so we have identified some steps to choosing the right chair.
- Make sure you have the space needed for your chair. A riser and recliner chair takes up more space than you would think, remember it will take up more space when fully reclined than when its in in the normal seating position.
- Select the best style chair for your comfort, make sure you are comfortable in your chair and that you can easily use the controls.
- Ensure your chair is correctly measured for you, when you go to buy your chair ask the retailor to measure you, so you get the correct size chair.
- Choose whether you need to adjust the backrest independently from the footrest this will determine whether you buy a single or twin motor chair.
Single or Twin Motor?
- A single motor riser recliner chair, as the name suggested, operates via just one motor. When the button is pressed, both the back and the footrest adjust at the same time. Single motor chairs are often cheaper than twin or dual motors, but you cannot adjust the backrest and the footrest independently of each other.
- Twin motor chairs give you the ability to control the backrest and footrest independently of each other allowing a much more scope to get comfortable in your desired position. Dual motor riser recliner chairs are becoming more popular due to their versatility.
Style of Chair
There are two main styles of chair: The waterfall back and the button back.
- The Waterfall Back is more versatile as you can unzip the cushions to adjust the filling for lumber and neck support on most, they are very comfortable and stylish looking.
- Button Back is a more traditional design it is also very comfortable.
The type of chair you purchase will depend on your needs and taste. There are lots of colours to choose from so you should be able to find one to fit your décor, in most cases you can also purchase a standard armchair and sofa to match your riser recliner.
Whichever design you opt for we hope you enjoy a whole new seating comfort.